PARKS & RECREATION DIRECTOR - POSITION SUMMARY
This position provides a broad range of duties to manage Parks, Recreation & Culture in the Town of Marcy. The Director's job will include planning, organizing, implementing and executing programs and new ideas in the Town of Marcy. Responsible for employees while providing recreation and culture programs to residents in the Town of Marcy throughout the year.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Parks & Recreation
• Recruiting, interviewing, hiring and maintaining proper credentials of all recreation personnel
• Submits Payroll hours for parks employees including maintenance and recreation personnel
• Provide year round activities to the community
• Communicates with all departments in the town for parks, recreation and culture activities
• Develop programs for youth and adult recreation
• Schedules and directs summer day camp, tennis, golf, swimming, pool manager and lifeguard activities, as well as boot camp, zumba, tai chi, arts and crafts
• Work with various groups and organizations (Scouting, Football, Baseball, Softball, Seniors)
• Schedule events within the park including the pavilions
• Coordinates distribution of supplies to youth organizations and personnel
• Accountable for inventory on equipment for pool, parks
• Maintains records of purchases, correspondence, and other documents and forms pertaining to the Parks-Recreation Culture.
• Coordinates with Oneida County Workforce Development, including all documentation.
• Town Park: Toby Park and Link Park
• Provides a safe, clean environment
• Coordinates with Town employees duties related to parks.
• Prepares Monthly Reports
• Attends Town Board meetings
• Provides updated information for Town newsletter and website