Submit Requests to:
Registrar of Vital Statistics
Town of Marcy
8801 Paul Becker Road
Marcy, NY 13403
Include $10.00 fee for each death certificate or certified copy, (money order or cash)
along with identification/proofs required
to: Marcy Town Clerk
Who is eligible to obtain a death certificate copy:
• The spouse, parent or child of the deceased
• Other persons who have a:
- documented lawful right or claim
- documented medical need
- New York State Court Order
What is a lawful right or claim:
- If the applicant is not the spouse, parent or child of the decedent, a lawful right or claim must be documented.
- An example of a lawful right or claim would be a death record needed by the applicant to claim a benefit.
- Documentation would consist of an official letter from the agency verifying that to process the claim they require from the applicant a copy of the requested death record.
Application must be submitted with copies of either A or B:
A. One (1) of the following forms of valid photo-ID:
• Driver license
• State issued non-driver photo-ID card
• U.S. Military issued photo-ID
B. Two (2) of the following showing the applicant's name and address:
• Utility or telephone bills
• Letter from a government agency dated within the last six (6) months
• Failure to include necessary identification will result in rejection of your application.
• Copy of Passport required in addition to the above ID if request is made from a foreign country that requires a U.S. Passport for travel.