The Town of Marcy Highway Department consists of 9 full-time employees under the direction of Highway Superintendent Vito Sciortino and Working Foreman Kevin Monaghan.
The Highway Department keeps the roads in excellent condition with the guidance of Vito and Kevin.
- The town plows/sands and salts 39.83 miles of town roads and 26.83 miles of county roads, totaling 66.66 miles during the winter months 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Winter is also a time when the equipment maintenance takes place. This includes painting and repair.
- Reminder: Plowing or blowing snow into or across the street is unsafe and against the law.
- Snowplows and sanders are removed from the trucks.
- Town roads are swept to remove sand.
- Ditch and shoulder work are in progress.
- Signs are inspected and repaired.
- Parks are opened.
- Major construction and repair of town roads including culverts.
- Paving and shoulder work.
- Crack sealing/patching on older pavement.
- Roadside mowing and trimming.
- Sand is hauled in for winter and mixed with salt.
- Trucks are harnessed for winter (plows/sanders).
- Parks are closed and winterized.