BOARD OF ASSESSMENT REVIEW MEMBER (B.A.R.)
• Board of Assessment Review Member; 5 year term; Paid per meeting
• Hears/evaluates grievances filed by home & property owners within the town on grievance day
• Appointed by the Town Board; cannot be an employees of the town.
• Real Property Tax Law requires members have knowledge of property values in assessing unit.
• Mandatory Training will be provided by Oneida County Finance in April.
• B.A.R. members are local public officers, and therefore, are required to be at least 18 years old, citizens of the United States, & residents of the municipality which the board serves (Public Officers Law, section 3).